Sunday, August 19, 2012

Bug's Bleat - - GCF: Rescue Effort

Annette and I like having a flag outside. We miss our full size flagpole in the yard, but there's just no room here. So we have to "settle" for a porch post mount. Anyway you fly it, our flag looks great.


This stop sign has been "vandalized" but both Annette and I love it.


"Da Boys" enjoyed the time spent at swimming lessons this summer.


One of our favorite vegetables. If you think you don't like Purple Hull Peas, you just never had someone (like Annette or the famous Linda Miller) cook them for you.



Volume 14, Issue 33 Sunday, August 19, 2012

Hello ALL,

“Who You Are Is Where You Were When” - - I’ve got something to say about our constant sniping between the right and the left. But first, I want to acknowledge that the vast majority of folks on either side are firmly fixed in their opinion. Normally, there’s little chance of changing their mind one way or the other.

That’s where my title above comes in. “Who You Are Is Where You Were When” is the title of a psychology training film that Dow Chemical showed us in the ‘70s. The gist of the film was that your Mores are formed around the situations you grow up in and you’re not likely to change them without experiencing a “significant emotional experience.” For instance, folks who grew up during the depression years of the 1930s have, by and large, a particular mind set. The same can be said of those of us who grew up during the Vietnam War as well as those who matured after 911.

The film contends that we don’t change our core beliefs and/or habits without a significant emotional experience. My kids hated this film because I strove to provide that significant emotional experience for them whenever they seemed to be headed in the wrong direction.

Well, I’m not advocating that we give anyone who has opinions different from us “a significant emotional experience” so they’ll alter their beliefs; I’m just asking that we all consider taking a walk in the other persons “shoes.”

Most Americans really agree on the “end result” we’d like to see for our nation. Where we disagree (sometimes quite acrimoniously) is on how to get to that end result.

So, let’s keep in mind the things we agree on and strive to work together for those things instead of concentrating on the few things we disagree violently on.

Like Rodney King said; “Can’t we just all get along?
~~~~~
“The Voice Out Of The Dark”
~
Last week, I took a friend to the Baptist Heart Clinic in Little Rock. After they took him back for his tests, I thought it was a good time to avail myself of the restroom facilities and I also decided to complete a through constitutional as we’d left Magnolia in the wee hours of the morning.
Upon entering the men’s restroom, I was pleased to note that the light came on via a motion sensor. I like those devices. We have one in Annette’s bathroom at home. This way you don’t have to remember to turn the lights on or off in public rooms and Annette doesn’t have to possibly soil her hands after washing up when leaving her room. And, it does my heart good to know that kilowatts won’t be wasted from a bathroom light left on when no one’s using the facility.
But, back to the public room at the clinic: I was sitting there in the commodious handicapped stall, about finished with my business when there was a “click” and the lights went off.
Humm … looks like they may need to adjust the timer on this particular switch. No problem, I’ll just wave my arms and get the light back on. But, that didn’t work. That large stall was too far from the switch.
Oh well, eventually someone else will come in and I’ll have light to finish my business. And, sure enough, after about 10 minutes, I heard the door open, there was a click and the lights came on again.
I was much relived to be “rescued” and as the gentleman settled at the urinal outside my stall I expressed my appreciation by saying “Thank You.”
The yelp from this guy would make you think he’d been attacked. There was quite a commotion and I heard the door open and close again. So I finished up before the light switched off again and went back to the waiting room.
That guy must have been “high strung.”
~~~~~
“To Lie Or Not To Confess”
~
Revelation 21:8. Annette quotes that to me several times a day. Seems that she has concerns about my “expanding” on the absolute truth from time to time.
Well gee whiz. I am a story teller after all. And my motto is to “Never let the truth stand in the way of a good story.” So why should she get upset if I “stretch” things a tinny tiny little bit.
I mean my grandsons have adapted to my way of answering their questions … for instance. Ethan asked me how the books got from the “depository” (a container much like a mail box located on the north side of the Library drive) over to the CLOC Library check in counter. Now the absolute real actual truth is that there is a little wagon sitting in the box and once a day or so, one of the employees unlocks the box, pulls out the wagon and pulls it across the drive and into the building to be unloaded. That’s the actual boring truth.
However, I decided to “expand” the truth and explained to Ethan and his older brother Josiah that the box was a “dematerializer” that converted the books into raw atoms that could be transmitted via fiber optic cable under the driveway and into the counter area where a similar machine, installed under the counter, sort of like a dishwasher, “rematerialized” them.
After I’d explained how all this works Ethan looked at me and said; “You know … I can remember when I would have believed that.” So, obviously, my bending the truth is not “warping” my grandkids.
However, it seems stories like that, for some reason, upset Annette. Like today. …
I dropped Annette off at Dr. Murphy’s and went to park the car. Then, I walked into the waiting room, noting that Annette wasn’t there and assuming that she had already been taken back into the triage area to get her B/P and such checked, so I sat down. A nice lady next to me leaned over and told me that you have to register at the window if you want to be seen. I replied that I have the “Chip” installed and they automatically know when I arrive in the office.
Just to prove that God likes a good story as much as I do, just as I finished the “Chip” story, the nurse opened the door, looked at me and said; “James, you can come on back.” Meaning that they had finished triaging Annette and had moved her into a room. In any case, the expression on the lady’s face was priceless.
I would have gotten away clean with that one if not for the fact that, as we were leaving the exam room, the lady was asking the nurse about getting the “Chip” installed. Seeing the confused look on the nurse’s face, the lady pointed at me and said “like the one you installed in him.”
I just smiled and attempted to hustle us out the door but my quick witted Wife proved too fast for me and stopped to speak to the nurse and the lady. I proceeded into the waiting room.
When Annette came out of the office I was again forced to endure a tongue lashing that, as usual, included references to Revelation 21:8.
~~~~~
“Will men every understand women?”
~
I doubt it. Like this morning, Annette seemed a little peeved about the toaster. Seems she put her bread in the toaster and it fell onto the heating coil in the bottom, because the rack wasn’t in the toaster.
She expounded about burning the bottom of the bread and then having to get the crumbs out of the bottom, etc. etc. And, she was acting like it was my fault.
How could it be my fault? I didn’t tell her to put the toast in the toaster without looking. Now I admit that I took the rack out. I mean, I needed a cooling rack from my bread last night and I couldn’t find the one I normally use so I took the rack out of the toaster.
But, how does that make it my fault that Annette burned the bottom of her toast?
~
It’s like the time she called me at work. She opened the conversation by saying how humiliated she was that morning at McDonalds. Seems that she was in the drive through line and, when she got to the window, discovered that she had no money. “It was so embarrassing.” She said. “I had to tell the lady I had no money and then wait in line so I could go on to work.”
I took this as a “learning opportunity” and told Annette; “Well sweetheart, you should always check to see that you have money before you get in line like that.” I went on to explain; “For instance, this morning I discovered that I had no money for breakfast so I took money out of your purse so I could buy my breakfast.”
Now do you see anything in the above conversation that would cause Annette to hang up on me?
~
Women! Shesh!
~~~~~
Quotes from some of my favorite folks:
~
John Britton - - I sometimes I think out loud. This gets me in trouble every time. Usually because it's the wrong person I say it to

Cynthia Bell Boswell - - Saw a bumper sticker yesterday I liked......"stop, drop and roll won't help in hell"!

Nancee Davis Law - - No matter what is going on in your life right now, just remember ... None of it took God by surprise.

Nancee Davis Law - - Life without laughter is like life without pants... It's just unacceptable.
~~~~~
The Anti-Vaccine demigods, educated mainly by Oprah's "Encyclopedia of Google," are continuing to kill kids. I know those are strong words, but they are true. The failure to adequately vaccinate kids (and adults when required) is not only a hazard to them, but a severe hazard to those who come in contact with them.
http://www.salon.com/2012/07/10/whooping_cough_outbreaks_another_thing_to_thank_vaccine_conspiracy_people_for/
~~~~~
You know you live in an Upside-down Land if...
~
You can get arrested for expired tags on your car but not for being in the country illegally.

The government's plan for getting people back to work is to provide 99 weeks of unemployment checks (to not work).

You pay your mortgage faithfully, denying yourself the newest big screen TV while your neighbor defaults on his mortgage (while buying iphones, TV's and new cars) and the government forgives his debt and reduces his mortgage (with your tax dollars).

You have to have your parent’s signature to go on a school field trip but not to get an abortion.
~~~~~
The latest from Michael Yon, the foremost “milnews” blogger on the web.
~
Greetings,

This video has gotten about 2 million viewers in three days. I learned about it after many people kindly pointed out the copyright infringement. (The producers used my work without authorization. But copyright stuff I will handle with the lawyer side, etc.)

Meanwhile, it is a video worth watching [http://www.michaelyon-online.com/dishonorable-disclosures.htm].

Respectfully,

Michael Yon
Chiang Mai

PS Please sign up for my Twitter.com updates at "Michael_Yon" [http://twitter.com/Michael_Yon] (not Michael Yon).

You can sign up on my Face book [https://www.facebook.com/MichaelYonFanPage] for daily updates.

Please remember that this website accepts no advertisement and is dependent on your support.
~
www.michaelyon-online.com
~~~~~
If you would like to encourage US Troops overseas, but are not sure just how to begin, visit www.anysoldier.com for ideas.
~~~~~
Here's to believing you can find your way home again, even if under circumstances you could never imagine.
Brothers Reunited After 80 Years Apart [http://darynkagan.demo.nimbussoftware.com/beyond60/2012/be_120817_brothers_reunited_80_years.html]
Kenneth Corcoran, 82, and Ed Muir, 84, were separated in 1932 when their mother died, but the two have lived similar lives and even share the same favorite song. - DarynKagan.com DarynKagan.com@darynkagan.com - -
~~~~~
http://www.shelfari.com
http://www.shelfari.com/bugsbleat/shelf
~~~~~
Photos on the front of this week’s “Bleat” include - - Our Porch Flag, “Da Boys” at the swimming pool, Purple Hull Peas and our favorite Magnolia Stop Sign.
~~~~~
For the latest issue of "Da Bleat" go to http://www.bugsbleat.blogspot.com.
Our photos are posted at http://www.bugsbleatphotos.blogspot.com.
~~~~~
Feel free to share the "Bleat" with any and all. That's why we publish it.
~~~~~
BreakPoint - - Chuck Colson has passed away, but the work God gave him lives on.
~
Counting the Cost
Doors the Mandate Will Close
By: John Stonestreet
Published: August 17, 2012 7:00 AM

The HHS mandate is now in effect, leaving business and non-profit leaders puzzling about what to do next. But some already know what to do, and they’re not bluffing. Stay tuned to BreakPoint.

“Which of you, desiring to build a tower,” asks Jesus in Luke 14, “does not first sit down and count the cost…?” He spoke these words about becoming a disciple. But those in authority who seek to force God’s people into disobeying their consciences would be wise to take this advice as well.

I’m reminded of King Darius the Persian, who—flattered by a proposition to deify himself—passed a ridiculous law decreeing that everyone in the kingdom would worship only him, on pain of death by lions. Effectively, he abolished religious freedom for his subjects. And although we’re not sure how others reacted, we know that one worshipper of Yahweh ignored this law, and continued hitting his knees before the True God every day. Now, Daniel was the apple of the king’s eye—an administrator whom Darius planned to make second in command. When Daniel was caught and reported, the king had no choice but to carry out his own orders.

You know the rest of the story. (It ends happily, even for the lions). Daniel refused to dishonor God or his conscience. He had his priorities straight and was willing to pay the price for civil disobedience. Ironically, it was King Darius, not Daniel, who lost sleep that night. His fear of losing one of his trusted advisors was greater than Daniel’s fear of losing his life. Daniel had counted the cost. Darius had not.

Well, our own government doesn’t seem to have counted the cost of its decrees either. The HHS mandate is a law that requires people of faith to violate their most basic beliefs about the sacredness of human life and sexuality. In very blunt terms, it demands that Christian employers take part in what they believe is the destruction of innocent human life through abortion-inducing drugs. This they should not do.

In fact, as Cardinal Francis George of Chicago promised in a letter to parishioners in his archdiocese, the Catholic Church would shut down its hospitals, schools and charities before it will violate its teaching on life.

Let me put what you just heard in perspective. Catholic facilities account for roughly 15 percent of hospital admissions in the United States and provide $100 billion of care annually. They serve poorer clients and offer many of the less profitable but vital services that government-run hospitals often can’t. These include things like breast cancer screenings, geriatric services and trauma treatment—meaning that one in six seniors and disabled citizens rely on Catholic hospitals.

Add in the Protestant institutions which may also be forced to shut their doors under the HHS mandate, and this looming healthcare disaster gets even bigger.

And I haven’t said a word about religious “schools, publications, organized charity, ministry for justice and the works of mercy,” which Cardinal George also mentions. Few if any of these will meet the Department of Health and Human Services’ narrow criteria for exemption.

In the months before his death, Chuck Colson, along with many others, warned us about the cost of this threat. And clearly, many Protestant, Catholic, Jewish, and Orthodox groups have counted the cost.
The only question now is: has the government? Folks, I know it may sound crazy to talk about civil disobedience, but we’d better have that conversation now. In fact, on BreakPoint This Week, I talk with Dr. Alveda King, who, as the niece of Martin Luther King endured threats and actual violence during the Civil Rights movement. And she thinks, along with my other guest Father Frank Pavone, that the HHS mandate requires civil disobedience. Come to BreakPoint.org and click on the “This Week” tab to listen, or catch it on radio this weekend. For BreakPoint, I’m John Stonestreet.

Further Reading and Information

Obama Risks $100 Billion If Catholic Hospitals Close [http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Columns/2012/03/01/Obama-Risks-$100-Billion-if-Catholic-Hospitals-Close.aspx#page1] Edward Morrissey | The Fiscal Times | March 1, 2012

Two-Minute Warning: A Call to Christian Professionals [http://www.colsoncenter.org/twominutewarning/entry/33/20066] John Stonestreet | ColsonCenter.org | August 17, 2012

Comments:
Mandate designed to force churches out of healthcare
Here's the problem: the HHS mandate is DESIGNED to eliminate the biggest competitor to government-controlled healthcare: the Catholic church.

Last year, Catholic adoption and foster care agencies were forced to close their doors because of an Illinois state mandate that they place children with same-sex couples against their convictions.

Now, on a nationwide scale, the Catholic church is being forced out of health care through abortion and birth control mandates, which violate their religious teachings.

Even a Democrat congressman recognizes the assault against religious liberty here is a serious threat: http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/birth-control-mandate-meant-to-squeeze-churches-out-of-healthcare-says-cong/

Obama wants the government to take total control of healthcare and Catholic hospitals stand in their way. The mandate to require Catholic hospitals to provide abortion and birth control drugs is designed to force them to sell their hospitals to secular companies who will do whatever the government demands. Yet the media coverage has been practically nil.

Wake up, America!
Posted By: Rachel on August 17, 2012 12:21 PM

Copyright © 2012 Prison Fellowship. All Rights Reserved
~~~~~
Residents of Columbia County, Arkansas are represented in Congress by:
~
Senator John Boozman (R_ AR)
1 Russell Courtyard
Washington DC, 20510
Phone: 202-224-4843
http://boozman.senate.gov/
~
Senator Mark Pryor (D_ AR)
Phone 202_224_2353
FAX 202_228_0908
http://pryor.senate.gov/
~
Representative Michael A. Ross (D _ 04)
Phone 202_225_3772
FAX 202_225_1314
http://ross.house.gov/

Other states congresspersons can be found at: [http://www.visi.com/juan/congress/]
~~~~~
"Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?" - George Carlin

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in five years there'd be a shortage of sand." - Milton Friedman

"The man who never alters his opinion is like standing water, and breeds reptiles of the mind." - William Blake

"Routine is not organization, any more than paralysis is order." - Arthur Helps

"It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit." - President Harry S. Truman

"If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others." - Ayn Rand

"Without leaps of imagination, or dreaming, we lose the excitement of possibilities. Dreaming, after all, is a form of planning." - Gloria Steinem

"One man with courage makes a majority." - Andrew Jackson

"A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep." - Saul Bellow

'The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." - e.e. cummings

"If there is no knowledge, there is no understanding; if there is no understanding, there is no knowledge." - The Talmud

"Take time to deliberate; but when the time for action arrives, stop thinking and go in." - Andrew Jackson

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - Leonardo da Vinci

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

"The government in a revolution is the despotism of liberty against tyranny." - Roberspierre

"The chains of habit are too weak to be felt until they are too strong to be broken." - Samuel Johnson

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent -- it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

"Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be." - John Wooden
~~~~~
BREAKING CHRISTIAN NEWS
http://breakingchristiannews.com/

Billy Graham's Letter to the USA: "My heart aches for America" (Aug 13, 2012)
"The farther we get from God, the more the world spirals out of control."
Read Full Story [http://www.breakingchristiannews.com/articles/display_art.html?ID=10426]

Alzheimers' Cure from Pine Cones? Teresa Neumann (Aug 14, 2012)
Researchers call results "astounding."
Read Full Story [http://www.breakingchristiannews.com/articles/display_art.html?ID=10436]

><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
GCF: Will it be Long?
----------------------------------------------------
If this was forwarded to you, please consider your own
subscription to Good Clean Fun. It's free! Just send an
email to: good-clean-fun-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
----------------------------------------------------

When my husband and I showed up at a very popular restaurant, it was crowded.

I went up to the hostess and asked, "Will it be long?" The hostess,
ignoring me, kept writing in her book.

I asked again, "How much of a wait?"

The woman looked up from her book and said, "About ten minutes."

A short time later, we heard an announcement over the loudspeaker:
"Willette B. Long, your table is now ready."
_ _______________________________ _

GCF: Rescue Effort

The crew of a fast frigate was practicing the man overboard drill by
"rescuing" a bright orange fluorescent dummy dubbed Oscar.

The captain watched as a young lieutenant nervously stopped the ship,
turned it and maneuvered into place.

Unfortunately, he ran right over Oscar. Surveying the remains of
Oscar scattered around the ship, the captain told the lieutenant,
"Son, do me a favor. If I ever fall overboard, just drop anchor and
I'll swim to you."
_ _______________________________ _
GCF: Eggs

Mom announced to her family, "Tomorrow morning I'm going to make an
old-fashioned breakfast with eggs, ham, biscuits and grits."

The five-year-old daughter groaned, "But, Mommy, you know I don't like eggs."

Mom then reminded her of all the food the little girl liked that
contained eggs.

The next morning, when the daughter walked into the kitchen, Mom
said, "Since you are here first, you can decide for the family. How
do you want me to cook the eggs?"

The little girl answered, "In chocolate cake, please."
_ _______________________________ _
GCF: Language Skills

A friend of mine mentioned that she had an appointment with her
son's Spanish-Immersion kindergarten teacher. I knew that regular
parent-teacher meetings were not due for a while, and when I asked
if there was a problem, she related a conversation she had, had with
her son.

"Mom I can speak three languages now!" he said excitedly.

"Three?" she questioned.

"Yes" he replied proudly. "English, Spanish and Inappropriate.
_ _______________________________ _
My mother, who could pass for 50, was celebrating her 70th birthday.
I phoned to say our family of seven wouldn't be by until later in the
day as some of the children had morning commitments. To prepare her
for an interrogation when we arrived, I explained that her third
grade grandson's assignment that day was to interview an elderly person.

A firm believer in getting homework done, my mother saw this as a
legitimate excuse for our delay. "Of course," she reasoned, "he'll
have to do that before you can come here."
_ _______________________________ _
I was visiting my son last night when I asked if I could borrow a newspaper.

"This is the 21st century," he said. "I don't waste money on
newspapers. Here, you can borrow my iPad."

I can tell you this, that fly never knew what hit him.
_ _______________________________ _
/ )| Thomas S. Ellsworth |( \
/ / | tellswor@kcbx.net | \ \
_( (_ | http://www.kcbx.net/~tellswor | _) )
(((\ \>|_/ )_______________( \_||_/ )_______________( \_||_/ )_______________( \_||_/ )_______________( \_||_/ )_______________( \_||_/ )_______________( \_|<> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
A doctor that had been seeing an 80-year-old woman for most of her life finally retired. At her next checkup, the new doctor told her to bring a list of all the medicines that had been prescribed for her.

As the young doctor was looking through these, his eyes grew wide as he realized she had a prescription for "birth control pills." "Mrs. Smith, do you realize these are BIRTH CONTROL pills?

"Yes, they help me sleep at night." "Mrs. Smith, I assure you there is absolutely NOTHING in these that could possibly help you sleep!"

She reached out and patted the young doctor's knee. "Yes, dear, I know that, but every morning, I grind one up and mix it in the glass of orange juice that my 16-year-old granddaughter drinks. And believe me, it helps me sleep at night."
><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
Getting In Late

The other night I was invited out for a night with the guys.
I told my wife that I would be home by midnight... "I
promise!"

Well, the hours passed quickly and the beer was going down
way too easy. At 3 am, drunk as a skunk, I headed for home.
Just as I got in the door, the cuckoo clock in the hall
started up and cuckooed three times.

Quickly, I realized she'd probably wake up, so I cuckooed
another 9 times. I was really proud of myself for having
such a rapid, witty solution, even when smashed, to escape a
possible conflict.

The next morning my wife asked me what time I got in, and I
told her 12 o'clock. She didn't seem disturbed at all. Got
away with that one, I thought!

Then she told me we needed a new cuckoo clock. When I asked
her why she said, "Well, last night it cuckooed 3 times,
then said, 'Oh crud,' cuckooed 4 more times, cleared its
throat, cuckooed another 3 times, giggled, cuckooed twice
more, and then broke wind."

Received from Dalton Green.

(_:][:_)

Football at Notre Dame

Years ago, the chaplain of the football team at Notre Dame
was a beloved old Irish priest. At confession one day, a
football player told the priest that he had acted in an
unsportsmanlike manner at a recent football game. "I lost my
temper and said some bad words to one of my opponents."

"Ahhh, that's a terrible thing for a Notre Dame lad to be
doin'," the priest said. He took a piece of chalk and drew a
mark across the sleeve of his coat.

"That's not all, Father. I got mad and punched one of my
opponents."

"Saints preserve us!" the priest said, making another chalk
mark.

"There's more. As I got out of a pileup, I kicked two of the
other team's players in the knee."

"Oh, goodness me!" the priest wailed, making two more chalk
marks on his sleeve. "Who in the world were we playin' when
you did these awful things?"

"Southern Methodist."

"Ah, well," said the priest, wiping his sleeve, "boys will
be boys."

Received from Andychap.

(_:][:_)

Baby Cry?

At 3:00 a.m. the young wife shook her husband awake, telling
him to check the baby.

He sat up for a full minute listening and then protested,
"But I don't hear her crying."

"I know," she replied. "It's your turn to go see why not!"

Received from Thomas Ellsworth.

(_:][:_)

Stockbroker or Frog

Two women were walking through the woods when a frog called
out to them and said, "Help me, ladies! I am a stockbroker
who, through an evil witch's curse, has been transformed
into a frog. If one of you will kiss me, I'll be returned to
my former state!"

One woman took out her purse, grabbed the frog, and stuffed
it inside her handbag. The other woman, aghast, screamed,
"Didn't you hear him? If you kiss him, he'll turn into a
stockbroker!"

The second woman replied, "Sure, but these days a talking
frog is worth more than a stockbroker!"

Received from ArcaMax Jokes.

(_:][:_)

Gaudiness, Godliness and Self-Control

Many years ago, when my 9 year old daughter was 3, we went
to our usual Sunday morning church service. We were seated
and waiting for the service to begin, when this woman walked
by us in a really bright, gaudy dress. My husband, who never
says anything about anyone, even made a comment about how
"loud" the dress was.

After the service was over, we were standing outside the
church chatting with another couple. I couldn't see my
daughter and then I noticed her standing right next to
(practically on top of) the woman with the dress. When I
asked her what she was doing, she said "I'm trying to hear
this dress mom. Dad said it was really loud, but I haven't
heard it make a peep yet."

Everyone within earshot, with the exception of my husband
and the woman in the dress burst out laughing. My husband
wanted to crawl in a hole, and I have to say I never saw
that particular dress worn again.

Received from Pastor Tim.

--
Rate, print or email this funny at
http://www.gcfl.net/archive.php?funny=20120813

http://GCFL.net - The Good, Clean Funnies List
A cheerful heart is good medicine... (Prov 17:22a)
Facebook: http://facebook.com/gcfl.net
Twitter: http://twitter.com/gcfl
Mail address: GCFL, Box 100, Harvest, AL 35749, USA

(_:][:_)
--
Rate this funny at
http://www.gcfl.net/archive.php?funny=20120420

Brought to you by GCFL.net: The Good, Clean Funnies List
A cheerful heart is good medicine... (Prov 17:22a)
Mail address: GCFL, Box 100, Harvest, AL 35749, USA

To print or email this funny to others, go to
http://www.gcfl.net/archive.php?funny=20120420

The latest GCFL funny can always be found on the web at
http://www.gcfl.net/latest.php
><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
Madeleine Begun Kane Latest Column - - Annette and I love watching the Olympics. Nothing they do on TV get’s me out of breath (well, almost nothing.) Anyway, here’s Mad Kane’s take on the Summer Olympics.

Watch those barely clad women play ball
On the beach, keeping viewers in thrall,
Gals hoping to volley
Olympic wins. Golly!
I�m surprised they wear clothing at all.

© Madeleine Begun Kane. All Rights Reserved.
http://www.madkane.com/
><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
"We have nothing to fear but fear itself." __ Franklin D. Roosevelt
"There is not enough darkness in the world to put out the light of one candle."
Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity. _ _ George Carlin
"Stop telling God how big your storm is. Instead, tell the storm how big your God is!" _ _ Queen E. Watson
“A political class of Republicans and Democrats that look after themselves, not the Nation. A media hostile to the very precepts of this nation. A generation of Americans who see morals as vices, and are ignorant of America's Actual History.”
"The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life." - - Theodore Roosevelt
><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
Emergency Phone Number 911
(Fire, Police, Ambulance, Sheriff, etc. )
Central Dispatch 234_5655
(Non _ Emergency Number)
Direct Numbers
Ambulance _ 234_7371 (24 Hour)
Jail _ 234_5331 (24 Hour)
Poison Control _ 800_222_1222 (24 Hour)
http://www. aapcc. org/
><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
Interested in getting in touch with the Banner_News through e_mail?
E_mail addresses for communicating with the newspaper’s various departments are:
editor@bannernews.net For the editor, news@bannernews.net For news and sports items, Coming Events, Diary, Church News, school and civic events.
advertising@bannernews. net For retail and classified advertising.
circulation@bannernews. net To start, stop or cancel newspaper delivery or for comments about delivery.
outfitters @bannernews.net For Office Outfitters, the office supply division of the Banner_News.
[http://www.bannernews.net/]
><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
"Laugh whenever you can and cry if you need to." __ "Bug"
"I read the end of the book. We win!" __ "Bug"
"We may not be able to cure the world, but we don't have to make it sicker." __ "Bug"
"There just ain't enough fingers for all the holes in the dike." _ _ "Bug"
"It's no big deal doing what God tells you to do. A big deal would be NOT doing what God tells you to do. Just ask Jonah." _ _ Paul Troquille
“Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.” Knowledge is power. _ Francis Bacon
"The problem is here and now. The time for talk is past. The time for action is now."
Comments on the first Earth Day _ James F. McClellan via John "Fuzzy" Thurman
~~~~~
Hope you enjoy the newsletter.
Again, thanks to all our contributors this week.
"Remember Pearl Harbor? Remember 9/11!" __"Bug"
God bless and GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!
God is Good and Faithful CU 73 IC JFM CSP NREMT_I KC5HII

P. S. If you'd like to be added to the distribution, just drop us E_mail at kc5hii@suddenlink.net
. We offer "Da Bleat" as text, a "Blog" and as a newsletter with pictures in Word and PDF format. For the "Blog" version just go to http://www.bugsbleat.blogspot.com. We also have a site [http://bugsbleatphotos.blogspot.com/] where we post photos that I like.
Let us hear from you if we can switch you over to the "Word" or "PDF" version of "Da Bleat".
We appreciate your encouragement. We also appreciate your communication when you desire to be taken off our mail list. If you are on this mail list by mistake or do not wish to receive "Da Bleat," please reply back and tell us to discontinue service to you. This email was scanned by Norton AntiVirus 2012 before it was sent.
><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>

No comments:

Post a Comment